- In response to the US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) contraceptive mandate, there are 60 cases and over 190 individuals representing hospitals, universities, businesses, schools, and individuals all speaking with one voice to affirm the freedom of religion guaranteed in the US Constitution.
- To date, 31 for-profit lawsuits have been filed over the HHS mandate.
- To date, of the 26 for-profit plaintiffs that have obtained rulings touching on the merits of their claims against the Mandate, 19 have secured injunctive relief against it, for a current score of 19-7.
- The NCBC is signatory to eleven amicus briefs is support of these legal challenges, six of which have received a ruling in their favor for an injunction against the enforcement of the Mandate until a full court hearing:
1. Korte (7th Circuit)
2. O’Brien (8th Circuit)
3. Annex Medical (8th Circuit)
4. Newland (Hercules; 10th Circuit)
5. Weingartz Supply Co. (Legatus; 6th)
6. Fresh Unlimited (Gilardi; D.C. Circuit)
Now you know!
You can read more details about these and other cases on our Advocacy page.