Thursday, September 12, 2013

Where in the World is Doctor Haas?

August was for me, personally, a month of rest.  First, family and friends headed to the South Tyrolean Alps for some serious mountain hiking and climbing.  I then led a group around southern Germany on a program I organized called “Benedict’s Bavaria”.  We visited the beautiful villages, farmlands, monasteries, lakes and Bavarian Alps associated with the life of Josef Ratzinger, Pope Emeritus Benedict.  It was a wonderfully refreshing and spiritually uplifting two weeks. 

However, all the issues with which the Center has been so engaged were waiting for me upon my return!  But I was able to take them on refreshed and renewed!  And of course, the faithful staff who stayed behind continued to advance the mission to which the Center is so committed.

After returning from vacation, I left for two receptions in Kentucky which were organized on behalf of the Center. The Most Reverend Joseph Kurtz, Archbishop of Louisville, serves on the board of the NCBC and helped prepare the event. He graciously arranged for me to travel to Kentucky to inform health care professionals of the work of The National Catholic Bioethics Center.  On Thursday, August 9, the Most Reverend Ronald Gainer, Bishop of Lexington, welcomed me to a reception held at the Catholic Center in his diocese. The reception was attended by physicians, nurses, hospital administrators and those involved in the pro-life movement.  

The following day, I drove over to Louisville for a reception at the residence of Archbishop Kurtz.

 
Most Reverend Joseph E. Kurtz, D.D.
Archbishop of Louisville and Dr. Haas's gracious host.


There were approximately 40 individuals at each reception and the Center was able to enlist a number of new individual and institutional members.  These opportunities are very important for advancing the work of the Center and letting Catholics and others know of the resources that are available through the Center to assist in the pro-life struggle!

If you would like to further support our work and help increase the availability of the Center's tremendous resources, please consider making a donation to the NCBC.

Please pray for me as I continue in my travels throughout the Fall and Winter.


May God bless you all!













Dr. John M. Haas
President
The National Catholic Bioethics Center

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search the NCBCblog